
We celebrated Joseph's 1st birthday Friday night with a big train party. The picture below is our dessert table...I didn't get photos of the food table, but we had, "Choo-Choo bar-be-que", Choo Choo Chips, and Chex Mix, "Toot Toot baked beans", and "Coal".



I really enjoyed making this cake and cookies. The whole cake is covered in rolled fondant, and the engine I had to "paint" with black food coloring. I absolutely LOVE working with fondant, and will probably do more cakes with it than with piping icing. The smoke in the smoke stack is cotton candy.


Joseph didn't know why all these people were here at his house, but he enjoyed all the excitement. I made a group picture this year because I always forget and like to remember who was at the party, this will be a tradition I start from every party on out.


Joseph wasn't too interested in opening presents, but all of Emily's friends that were there gladly helped him.


Emily gave Joseph a ball, because he loves balls and cars...so she got him the ball with a car on it. He wasn't so sure about us singing happy birthday to him. But he sure enjoyed eating his cake.


He had a gluten free yellow cake, with cool whipped colored with blue food coloring. As you can tell from the following pictures he LOVED digging into it. When Emily was 1 she wouldn't even touch her cake hardly. She hated having anything on her hands, but not Joseph.




Saying good bye to aunt Marsha Ann.


Joseph on his ultimate gift from his uncle Jason, aunt Rhonda, Brandy and R.W. He can get on and off of it with ease! I didn't think he would be able to yet, but he does.


After the party he just loved playing with his balloons. I'm not sure how long they'll last but I imagine that big "1", will still be around for several more months! Hope you all have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment