Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pray

God has been showing me a lot lately on prayer, and I just wanted to share a few of these thoughts and verses from my devotional. I've been earnestly seeking God on a few matters recently and as I have been God has been reaffirming it through my scripture reading and devotion. Below are a few lines from my readings today.

" 'You do not have because you do no ask'. James 4:2. Sometimes as we go about the work God has assigned us, it may seem as if God is a little slow in doing His part. We need to remember that God keeps His promises, acts in His time and His way, and does so for our good. Just as we would not run ahead of our jogging partner, we shouldn't run ahead of God. This means we should be in constant communication with God through prayer...God wants us to pray specifically, persistently and intensely for His will to be done. When we make His Kingdom our top priority He shapes our desires and makes it His priority to fulfill them."

I just wanted to share this with you in hopes it might touch you like it has me. Pray, keep praying!!!

No comments: