
We celebrated Emily's 4th birthday last week on Thursday. Her birthday party was on Friday evening and the theme was "Owls". Don't ask me why owls, but my child likes to be different. We saw a picture of an owl cake in a magazine and that's when she wouldn't change her mind to anything else. Little did I know at the time that Owls are apparently the popular thing right now. Weeks before the party I was out shopping and noticed owls everywhere, on purses, wallets, clothes, shoes, socks etc. Whoooo knew huh? We had a nice time and you'll see in the pictures below that we had TONS of good things to eat, all in theme of course. This cake was by far the easiest one yet, you would think so to look at it but it was.

Owls on a Stick, these are rice krispie treats covered in chocolate and decorated to look like owls. Below are the baby Owl cupcakes. The eyes are Oreo's and Jr. Mints. (stole the idea for these online)

Our owl birthday cake, that I could not eat any of b/c it's made from wheat (flour). The base is made from the sports ball pan, and the head is formed from rice krispies. I didn't know though that the rice krispies would fall apart after I iced them. I put the cake in the fridge until the party then doctored it up so no one would see the HUGE crack down his head.

Hoots in a blanket (idea from Mrs. Rozane) and the breadsticks are suppose to be tree branches. We also had Owls nests, that were really haystacks with M&Ms on them.








Joseph just fell asleep after all the action!




No comments:
Post a Comment