Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's New

Well this is what's new in our life...not much. We woke up this morning, early thanks to Emily, with plans of relaxing and doing not much. BUT of course all that can change. I noticed last night ants in Emily's bathroom, and this morning there was LOTS more of them. So I decided to pick up everything on her floor, which was a major ordeal as it was messy, and spray with some stuff until the pest control man could come this week. As I was about to pick up the mats I looked on the floor and saw a scorpion!!! You got it right a scorpion!!! And he was alive! He didn't stay alive for long as he was beaten to death with Emily's big hair washing cup (the same one that Glenn used to kill the HUGE tarantula in the mountains 2 years ago, guess that cup has seen alot of bugs). With him dead I knew we had to do a major overhaul of the house!!! We cleaned up the bathroom COMPLETELY, and then moved into the living room and dining room. She had piles of toys everywhere, and since I've not felt good lately I've let picking up slide. NOT ANYMORE!!! Bugs love piles of toys, shoes, puzzles and books. After cleaning and dusting all morning we finally finished. I do feel much better now that there's less clutter. BUT Mr. Bug man will be coming in the morning to spray for any other critters that may be lurking in the house still. I had no idea that scorpions were in our area. I'm going to look it up. The only other time I saw one was in the mountains this year in the cabin...maybe we brought him back as a baby and he had just been hiding in a closet until now???? Who knows but I do not want to see another one!!!

Can you tell I'm obsessed with this! I've also been extremely exhausted today, well who wouldn't be after all I just told you I did. But I do ask for your prayers for one thing. This pregnancy has been similar to Emily's, but one thing, I am the most irritable, mad little hornet than I've ever been. It's NOT fun having such mood swings, especially with Emily. She's been pretty good today, but this week has not been as good for her. She's been a whiny, fussy little girl about everything. Anyway, I just pray that these mood swings will end SOON!!!

Hope you have a great rest of the week. Here's a picture of Emily entertaining herself this morning.

1 comment:

Verônica Camerini said...

Olá! Visitei seu blog!
Gostei muito!
Grande abraço!