Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Well we have had a very quiet Father's Day, not that we are complaining since Mother's day was very eventful with the tornado and all. Emily made her daddy a cute picture and we've all enjoyed laying around and reading books, making pictures, and playing with stickers. Yesterday we went down to Lane Peach Packing, because I've been craving peaches lately, and we thought Emily would enjoy watching them wash and pack the peaches. She loved it, even though it was a little loud back there. We also enjoyed some good peach ice cream, which Emily loved, and kept saying "More More, ice cream please". I got to eat some too which was wonderful, although I felt it later on.

I ask for prayer this week for a friend of mine Angela (Spence) Diggs, whose mother was found dead on Friday morning. I'm not sure exactly how it happened yet but the funeral is tomorrow. Her mother's name was Jane Jackson and was my 8th grade history teacher. I knew them fairly well and was really good friends with Angela when I was in high school. Angela just graduated with her masters from Mississippi State and got married the first of June!!! She and her husband live now in Florida. I can't imagine graduating, getting married and a couple of weeks later losing my moma. They are Christians, but I'm not sure if Angela and her husband have found a church home in Clearwater, FL since they just moved there. Pray for them to have people surround them during this time.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yummy!! We haven't had any peaches this yr and I heard they have gone up as well. But I would love some ice cream!!