Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Sunflower


Well our first sunflower bloomed yesterday. I planted a small garden of them in the backyard (only to have 1/2 of them dug up or not come up), but many weeks ago I noticed something coming up in my front flower beds that looked like sunflowers. As we watched them grow we saw that they were indeed sunflowers, but how because I didn't plant them? Well you see I feed the squirrels and birds sunflower seeds and obviously one greedy squirrel decided to take a bunch of seeds and hide them to eat later. The only problem is he forgot where he put them...so now I have a bunch of sunflowers blooming in my petunia bed. I absolutely love sunflowers so this was exciting for me. The first one bloomed yesterday and Emily just loves it. I've had several neighbors say something about it too. Isn't it neat how something unplanned can bring such joy.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I probably won't be blogging for a few days since I'm having the colonoscopy done in the morning at 8am. Pray it goes well and that there's no problems in there. I'm doing pretty good so far today since I can't eat anything. I've been drinking a lot so far, and will have chicken broth and jello for lunch...YUM...I can't wait since I'm starving. Thanks for your prayers and I'll keep you posted. Have a great weekend.

1 comment: