Thursday, November 8, 2007

What is Your Calling?

As was reading this morning God showed me a verse I haven't read in a while. 1 Corinthians 7:17, says, "Nevertheless each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him." Wow this is a really neat verse especially now that I have changed "jobs" so to speak. This verse gives me a peace and assurance to know that I am following in His will. I told Glenn yesterday that I felt guilty this week as I've been at home with Emily. He asked why, and I said because I'm having so much fun! I'm able to wash dishes, and clothes whenever I want, and clean and play whenever I want. Now I actually have time to spend with he and Emily when he gets home from work. It's an amazing thing being in God's will at God's timing.


Oh before I go for the day, let me say a special "thank you" to Amy, who kept Emily for me while I worked. She "trained" Emily and got her to take naps in a bed (instead of by being rocked). God used Amy in more ways than anyone will ever know, and for that I am truly grateful. Emily is already missing her "bubba's". Isn't God awesome for providing us with what we need exactly when we need it.


Have a fun Thursday, and don't get too cold.


Jennifer

1 comment:

Amy said...

God does provide us what we need...I needed your sweet daughter to fill my "baby void", and what a special blessing she is to our family. We enjoyed her time with us and can't wait for you to call and drop her off for some playtime! I am glad you are enjoying your time at home.
I know our husbands like it when they come home and the house is calm and we are not rushing around trying to cook, clean and do laundry in the 3 hrs. before bedtime. I hope you continue to enjoy your time you have been blessed to have with Emily!