
Well we haven't left yet. My parents are on their way right now, to ride with us back to MS. I know that sounds silly, but most of you know Emily hates to ride in the car, so they were glad to come ride with us so we can spend the extra time there with them. Anyway, I thought I'd tell about the experience we had yesterday. Emily, as you know, loves the outdoors and plants like every child does. Well yesterday she tried to eat a mum flower. Luckily she started gagging and I saw what it was and got it all out before she swallowed it. I think I scared her more than myself as I was digging down her throat to get this flower out. Well like any young mom (new at this), I went inside and researched the mum to see if it is poisonous. I honestly thought she was fine, but I learned yesterday that the Chrysanthemum (aka mum that we all have in our yards this time of year), is the 6th most poisonous plant. I immediately began freaking out and called Glenn, who made me then call the Dr., who made me call poison control. Well to make a long story short Emily is fine, and nothing came of the whole ordeal, praise the Lord. It's actually the leaves that are most poisonous, and they contain a chemical which is like a pesticide. Hmm...something to remember next year when planting those mums huh. Well let me go, I just thought I'd share our little experience with you to either make you laugh or educate you. Hope to "blog" again soon from MS.



No comments:
Post a Comment