
Well we started our "Big Apple Adventure" yesterday, but Joseph didn't join us until today. Emily of course was SO excited and absolutely LOVES her class. The pictures below explain themselves but we've had a great 2 days so far.




Emily was excited to see one of her friends when they arrived. She just hugged Aubrey and I can't believe I got it on camera. WHICH by the way my camera is NOT fixed yet, but I've got access to one. They told me it is fixed and on it's way back...so hopefully I'll have it before the week is up.


This is our craft room. Not much decorating this year, since we are just a "art studio" type room. I've been playing Beethoven for the kids to increase their brain growth!!!! They've not complained yet, and it actually calms them down a little!


Every day we try to play a game, if we have time...they know it as soon as they walk in, 'Hot Potato", except this year it's "Hot Apple". You wouldn't believe how these kids, 6th graders included really get into it. We ran out of time today but hope to get to play it tomorrow.


Emily playing on the playground. She got to be line leader going in because she was the only one who didn't pester Mrs. Jenny to be line leader....good girl!!!!




Joseph joined us for VBS today!!!! It was his first day ever of VBS, of many more to come. He didn't come last year b/c he was only 3 months old, and it was better he stay at home with my mom. He did VERY well considering that on Sunday morning's he cries the whole time. He loved the new room that he's in, probably because they have more "boy" toys (trucks, trains, trucks, balls, trucks, and oh yeah MORE TRUCKS). He LOVES cars and trucks!!!!!!!

I had a youth helper take the camera in to make these because obviously I couldn't go in with out him crying to go with me. I'm thankful because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten any of him. He's worn out now, and fell asleep coming home, and is still asleep at 2:00!!!!


He even got to play on the playground for the first time...such a big boy! I know he was hot though in long pants. I dressed him for the cold indoors (it's SO cold in the church with the AC), because I didn't want him to get too cool, and I didn't know they were going outside. He did fine though! We have 3 more days, and so far we added a lot of kids today!!! I ran out of craft supplies, and knew that I wasn't going to have enough, but it worked out. Tomorrow I have enough for 90!!!!!!! It'd be awesome if I actually needed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment