Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

We love our daddy, can you tell!!!! Each and every day around 5:30pm we celebrate "Daddy's Home". Both kids absolutely go crazy when daddy gets home from work each and every day. Every Saturday Emily says, "Today is Saturday, YAY, daddy's home all day". Words can't describe how much we love Glenn. He is definitely a sweet, loving, fun, and caring daddy. Although he does sometime have to work late, and work on some things at home, he usually spends every hour he can with us at home. He doesn't stay late at the office, and come in demanding food on the table, and to be able to watch TV as soon as he walks in the door. This daddy comes in grabs his kids and hugs and plays with them! Can you tell they love him and know he loves them!!!!
BUT sometimes being such a "famous" person can wear on you. I thought this picture below was priceless. But seriously, being a good Father is hard work.

I think that it is very important for a daddy to play and spend lots of fun time with their kids, and since both of ours are still very young, that is exactly what they love doing. Last night we played some tag, and hide-n-seek (a typical evening activity for us), and we obviously wore Emily out because as soon as she laid her head on the pillow last night she was asleep, Glenn said.

But aside from all the playtime Glenn does with the kids he does SO much more. He reads to Emily every night and puts her to sleep. He lays in her bed for a little bit until she falls asleep. Not every daddy does that, but as a hint more should, because Glenn actually catches himself a nap while he's doing it, pretty good deal if you ask me, ha ha.
But aside from all these things, Glenn is a good Christian example for his kids. He's up every Sunday ready for church and gets us all there for Sunday school (which for us is no small feat considering we have to be there at 8:30am). He's always willing to lend a hand when someone is in need, and I think that our children have actually brought so much more out in him than he use to be. Thank you Glenn for being such a good daddy, we love you and appreciate you more than you'll ever know!!!! God has truly blessed us with a wonderful daddy!

But I can't let Father's day pass without recognizing a couple of other daddy's. I wouldn't be where I am today without my own daddy. If you know him, you know as well that words can't describe my daddy, Mack Alford. From early on I always remember sitting in church next to him, all dressed in his suit and all, thinking that he was the preacher. He always taught us, with my moma, in Sunday school and oh the things we learned!
There's not many people who my daddy doesn't know in Philadelphia, and if he doesn't know you he will get to know you and find out who you're kin to and you just might find out that you're actually related in some way. Growing up I remember daddy being on this tractor an aweful lot. Of course my brother was interested more in tractors than I was, but I always like watching him ride the tractor, plow the gardens and feed the cows from it. I do have such a rich heritage and SO many memories that I hope to share with my children.
Happy Father's day daddy, sorry we didn't get to MS to spend it with you, but we'll be there for the Fair next month!!!!
Finally, we wouldn't be where we are as a family if it weren't for Glenn's daddy, Gary Walker. Since I'm writing this I can't give you funny stories or memories for Glenn, but I can say that i know Glenn is who he is today because of the wonderful impact of his daddy.
Brother Gary, is a music minister so Glenn grew up a child of a minister and was influenced in so many wonderful ways because of this. Glenn's daddy, besides his ministry, has a love for the outdoors and yard. I didn't realize this until after we were married and got a house of our own, but he can pretty much grow anything!!! Every year they have many "crops" from their garden, some of which is in a small kiddie pool, I never knew you could plant a garden in a kiddie pool until I saw his!!! We've learned alot from him about growing things in a small space. We can't wait to see them when they come in a couple of weeks for the 4th of July.

No comments: