I can't believe it's been a week since I've blogged!!! So sorry for everyone who keeps up with us through here. I hate to say it but I don't have any "new" pictures uploaded from my camera to post today either. We've been videoing this week and not really making pictures, why you ask??? Because Joseph started walking this week. At the beginning of the week he was taking steps pretty good, and by Friday he started walking all the way across the living room. I can't believe it, 10 months 3 weeks old and already walking!!! I tried one day this week to post a video of him, but after 5 hours of it attempting to upload it, I just gave up and cancelled it.
He's amazing and can really go...if you're on facebook you can go to my wall and see the link for the video.
With all the new things Joseph's been doing it has raised a certain amount of jealously in big sister Emily. Since we've been spending a lot of time this week (beginning of the week) saying, "Look at Joseph", "Get the video camera", "WOW Joseph", Emily started really acting out earlier in the week. It dawned on me Wednesday morning that "Ah ha!" she's jealous because we've been focusing on Joseph and his new accomplishment! Things changed around the house and now she's doing much better. God is teaching Glenn and I both a lot on parenting for sure. Emily is definitely my "words of affirmation" child. I never realized it until this week. How you speak to her, your tone and specific words leave a BIG impression on her. We're still working on it, but once I started using a calm voice and happy words (so to speak) she started being more cooperative. I know it may sound crazy to you, but how you say something makes a HUGE deal!!! All these changes have been mostly for Glenn & I, but they're making a HUGE change in Emily too!!!
Well all that was last week, now let me share just about today. Since it is the Sunday or day before Valentines I had TONS planned for the kids today. I literally worked all week on the lesson and activities (not sure why b/c everytime I do, I accomplish NOTHING I planned). Well I wish I could say that everything went as planned but it didn't. As soon as we got there one of the first kids to arrive said her stomach hurt. To make a LONG story short she ended up throwing up & went home. Well Glenn & I, being the germ-a-phobic's we are, evacuated the room to lysol it down. Well the kids were wild after that...when you take preschoolers out of their routine they go crazy. We did make one craft and do the lesson really fast!!! From now on I will not put so much effort into it because when I do things like this happen.
So now we pray no one else gets sick, us or any of my preschoolers!!! I hope you all have a safe healthy week. I will try my best to get some new pictures up this week.
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment