Thursday morning was Emily's dentist, the dreaded day, BUT she was an angel and did super. Most likely because her baby brother was with her. That was a 9 am, again had to leave the house by 8:30, and I had an appointment with an orthopedic Dr. at 10am. Glenn came and got the kids, dropped her off at school and then took Joseph with him back to work.
At my Dr. appointment I have been meaning to make for 11 years now, I discovered that I have cervical strain caused from my fall in Alaska when I fell and broke my leg. I have really been irritating it lately and it's pretty rough. In your neck your vertabrae are usually slightly curved, mine right now is just straight up like a rod.
These are not my X-rays: The top is what it is suppose to look like, the bottom what mine looks like.


He said it's caused by muscle spasms originally caused by a serious fall or whiplash. I start physical therapy Monday, and i will do whatever exercises they say to get this under control. This problem has also contributed to my headaches and jaw problems, weird huh!!! The neck supports so much I never thought about, and how I stand, sit and move all effects the neck. I'll be learning alot about posture I know.With Thursday under our belt, we had today, Friday to go. We had to be at the ENT for both Joseph and Emily's ear Dr. appointments at 8:30 am...so yes, we had to leave the house by 8:00am. I know for you working moms who haul your kids to day care everyday you are probably laughing, BUT for us who are not use to being somewhere by 9 am it's hard stuff. It's hard enough getting Emily to school at 10 am much less 8:30 am. Anyway, I digress. Joseph's ears look great after being on Septra antibiotic for just 2 1/2 days, and he wants to just monitor them before jumping into tubes. The same for Emily and her sinus infections. He put her on Nasonex to maybe help her not get so many. We've not gotten it filled and tried yet, but I know it will be screaming involved for that.
I wish I could say it was all over, BUT I have to be at therapy at 8:00 am Monday morning (yes that means I leave the house by 7:30), but I will be by myself no kids so that will not be as hard. I'll post more with pictures later, but we've not exactly had a week of photo shoots! Hope you have a great weekend, and stay well, it's a TON of sicknesses going around.



No comments:
Post a Comment