Thursday, January 6, 2011

Joseph's 9 1/2 months


What a cutie!!! 17 pounds 29 inches, 9 1/2 months old!!!



I didn't get this posted when Joseph turned 9 months, but here it is, better late than never right? He went to his 9month checkup when we got back from MS on Monday. He only had to get 1 shot so that was good, and he didn't even cry. He just whined and I put is paci in and he stopped. He weighs 17 lbs. which is at the bottom of the growth chart for weight (3rd%tile) and was 29 inches long, 60% (above the have mark). He says he's doing fine he's just going to be long and skinny.
He learned to say "bye bye" and wave while we were in MS. He says Da da, and ma ma (when he gets mad about something). He's starting saying the "nuh nuh" "n" sound too. He can really pitch a fit when he gets mad!!! I guess he's been learning that from big sister! If you take something from him or move him away from what he's worked hard to get to, he will arch his back and start to screaming. I can't believe how a little 9 month old can already have such a temper. All in all, he's a very sweet little boy. When he wants something he'll reach his arm out and grab at it with his fingers (as you can see in the picture above he was grabbing at my camera). He LOVES to clap and dance. When he hears the song "If you're happy and you know it" he starts to clapping. He loves music just like his big sister, and he LOVES the outdoors. If he hears someone go outside he will crawl to the door and sit there looking up like "Hey you left me". Then he'll start beating on it wanting it to open for him.
He answered to a command yesterday (or a statement). I asked him if he wanted to go outside? He was in the dining room and I said "come here if you want to go outside". He took off crawling and when he got to me he got up on his knees and started clapping and dancing then reached his arms up for me to pick him up.About a week before he turned 9 months he stood up in the middle of the floor to a standing position all by himself, holding on to nothing! He has really been standing alone alot and if I'd put gripper socks and shoes on him I'm sure he'd be walking soon (I'm just not ready for that yet). He cruises along the furniture and everything that will support him. He had his first boo boo the other day, and hit his little head pretty hard. He cried for a few minutes then started laughing at his sister.

He's definitely not my big eater like Emily was. His favorite food is oatmeal, made ONLY with breastmilk. He also loves, pears, apples, pumpkin, butternut squash and plain squash, and blueberries. He's not to fond of other vegetables like green beans, peas, and carrots (he will literally throw them up and spit them out. Since he's allergic to wheat we can't just give him a cracker, but they do have these gluten free things called "Mum Mum's" he loves those, and the oatmeal pancakes I make that are gluten free.He's definitely my sweet little moma's boy. I'm cherishing these days SO much because I know they'll pass all too quickly. As the saying goes, "the days drag so slow but the years fly by so fast". Hope you all cherish each day God gives you.

No comments: