We made it up to TN on Saturday and are enjoying the beautiful Smoky Mountains. We have had some experiences as usual. We went hiking on a trail and got a big surprise, a timber rattlesnake that was coiled up asleep right next to where we made a picture of the cascade falls. We were very blessed that no one was bitten, as we never saw it until our hike back down (just 5 minutes after we made the picture). And yes, this is the actual snake, Glenn made this picture, I wouldn't get close enough. He was asleep until my daddy took his stick and slid him off the side of the hill. Don't worry it didn't hurt him, but we prevented someone else from getting hurt since he was so well hidden.
This snake was to the bottom left in this group picture, I just cut it off to where you can't see it in this picture.
We made our annual trip through Cades Cove, but I didn't get out much because Joseph was asleep. I liked how I could have him out of his carseat, because driving is so slow. I could feed him, or get him to sleep easily if I needed to!



No comments:
Post a Comment