Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mid-week ramblings

It's Wednesday, and I'm glad that this week and month are almost over. I know that sounds pessimistic, but February is my least favorite month, for some odd reason. I guess because you're sick of the cold weather by now and are hoping for some WARMNESS soon. Anyway, Emily has been pretty good today, after getting spankings and going to time-out all week. Maybe it's helping a little..."God help us to have strength" is what I pray.

I have SO many prayer requests it's crazy lately. The newest is for my friend Diana, in TN, who's brother is undergoing his first round of chemo tomorrow. BUT Diana just recently discovered she has 3 cysts on her ovaries, one is questionable. She also is having some other abdominal pain and will have some other tests soon. Please pray for her to not be anxious, and for God to completely heal her body.

Continue to pray for David (my cousin's husband) and that the skin graphs will heal completely. Also, for my Papaw as he had skin cancers removed from his ear last week.
For a short rambling and to make you laugh, Emily and I went for a walk after lunch. As we walked down the quiet road, I noticed and came up with an idea for us to do. Several of the houses are for sale in our neighborhood and one of them was of a family who had kids. They left their swing set, slide and toys there when they moved, SO I thought it would be no harm for us to walk around and let Emily play on it for a while. Up in the play house were several things left by the family, and one was non other than a baby doll!!! Emily didn't touch it, and I kept telling her that no one lives here, but they left this stuff here. Well as I was giving my 5 minute warning before we left, she marched up the house and grabbed the baby and took hold of it like she was rescuing it. I kept telling her we couldn't take it, because I wasn't ours (even though it didn't really belong to anyone...and obviously she knew that). I waited for her to take it back into the play house and what did she do...??? but march out the back yard to the front and got ready to head down the street to home. She never even turned around to see if i was coming. She wasn't a kid who just wanted another toy to play with and would pitch a fit to get it....she was determined she was going to save this baby. I could see in her little mind, that someone abandoned this child and I HAVE to save it. Over course it was dirty, SO I threw it in the washing machine and it's still drying (if it will ever dry completely). She cried when i put her down b/c she wanted it, but when she wakes up I'm sure that will be the first thing she asks for.

I though this would make you laugh...I thought it was SO sweet. Sorry if you think I did wrong in letting her take it but you'll get over it. So will daddy when he gets home :) Hope you have a great week.

2 comments:

Carley said...

haha! Too funny! Emily to the rescue!!

April :) said...

Awe that is so sweet...she saved the baby!