Emily got her tubes put in today and she was a trooper. We got there at 8:00am and they didn't call us back until 9:00am!!! Poor thing, she was starting to ask for juice as other kids in the waiting room had their juice cups but she was fine. They took her vitals (blood pressure, pulse, temp) and then we talked to Dr. Duke and Dr. Wilson. Mrs. Lynne came out and told her that she had a balloon hidden in the back and she wanted Emily to come help her find it and then she'd get to blow it up. SO Emily had no trouble going back with her (this is Hannah's mom, Emily's best friend ever). They took her at 9:30, and came and got us at 9:50, so she wasn't asleep but maybe 15 minutes. When we went to the back she was cuddled in Lynne's lap rocking. I don't think Lynne wanted us to come back, she was enjoying it! Most kids wake up screaming but Emily didn't she was SO sweet. She seemed a little drugged for about 15-20 minutes but she woke up good and ate and drank some juice. Once she ate lunch at 11:30 she was back to normal, talking non-stop and running around.
I laid her down for a nap at 2:00 though and went to the treadmill and 30 minutes later Glenn comes walking in the garage with Emily...who'd woken up screaming. I took her and rocked her and she's slept for a few more minutes. I just hope she sleeps tonight!!! Here's some pictures from this morning on the way there, and then after we got home. Also of the new outfit I made her yesterday.



1 comment:
glad everything went well! I hope she slept last night for you.
Post a Comment