Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good Morning!

I hope everyone who reads this is having a great day so far. Believe it or not I actually got up earlier this morning (which is late for most people). I did some "projects" with Emily yesterday and wanted to share some of these pictures with you. While my moma was here last week she kept saying, "I wish there were some things we could do to help Emily learn, besides her just running around all day." Well when mamaw is in town, a little toddler does anything but sit. She was so excited to have them here that we couldn't even get her to sit down and read a book. Well, now that they are gone the schedule is a little different. We had reading time yesterday morning, followed by an art lesson, which she didn't like too much, then we did some science & math, and then some pretend play with her baby doll. Of course as with every morning we had music time too (she has a new favorite song, "The Muffin Man").

While thinking about ways to help Emily learn and develop I was also reminded of something from a seminary class I took. Several times they stressed that you need to let kids just be kids, and babies be babies. So many parents today force learning on their kids that they come to hate it instead of enjoy it. So far the things we've done with Emily have been fun things, and nothing to force her into "learning". She's learning she just doesn't realize it.

Well, enjoy the pictures and have a wonderful Tuesday.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


She didn't like the colored whipped cream on her hands.


She didn't really like this project too much. I guess she's going to be like me, and not like dirty stuff on her hands.


Now this she liked, putting the macaroni into the bowl. This is fun and helps her with hand-eye coordination at the same time. I had to watch her carefully though because she would've tried to eat it...hey aren't you suppose to eat little pieces like this, is what she'd say.


Before it was over she was pouring it everywhere, I let her do it for a while just to experiment, but then it got out of hand and we had to quit. We had macaroni everywhere, so then we had clean up time!!

Later on we had some pretend play with her baby. She was offering her some of her orange juice, but only after she'd drank it all. You know Emily you can waste a drop. This was also her first time to have orange juice.




Toot, toot, I play the flute!!! Her new little toy that make alot of loud noise. She can blow it pretty good. I think that she will go into music one day, even though I'd prefer her to go into art. She loves the Muffin Man song, and I wish I could get a video of her dancing to it and post it, but I'm not that computer savvy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily is just adorable. Looks like you all had a busy day --- learning and having fun (that is the best kind).

Love you guys and hope to see you in March.