
We celebrated Thanksgiving day yesterday with all my moma's side of the family. Everyone came up to my parents house this year instead of meeting down at Newton at my Mamaw's house, just to do something different. Emily is showing off our "Give Thanks" banner I made to help remind us of what the day is all about.


We have everybody's pilgrim and the 3 little Indians around our "Tree of Thanks". Everyone was asked to write something they are thankful for on a leaf and attach it to the tree. I'm not sure everyone did it, but maybe next year we'll get more into the spirit.


We even had all our silverware decorated and below are "treats" for everyone to take home. It is a squirrel on a log and inside it are a small bag of nuts.


As you can tell the kids enjoyed their food, especially Joseph. The sweet potatoes were his favorite! They even had turkey sippie cups to drink from. Joseph wasn't too sure about his but he tried it anyway.



We had the most desserts this year than ever. I made Pilgrim hat cookies, and pumpkin dip, and home-made apple pie. Joseph just LOVES the pumpkin dip. It's very healthy for you so I don't feel guilty letting him indulge in it. He was licking his bowl trying to get every bit out of it!!!



Below are the main cooks for the day.


After lunch we had to get everyone organized for a family picture. My brother and his family wasn't here this year, but we still got a photo of everyone present. I wanted to do something different this year...we always seem to either make our family photo all around the couch, or on a porch swing, so this year we ventured out into the yard around the tractor and trailer. Joseph just had fun with Papaw on the tractor while we waited on everyone else to get outside.




They actually turned out pretty good. Only one problem I thought I had moved over enough so Emily could be seen good but Joseph and I almost cut her off. BUT other than that they turned out great!!!



Below are all the great grandkids with Mamaw Costilow. Isn't it sweet!!! She is the only great grandparent left in both mine and Glenn's family. Such a sweet picture!!!


John Michael and Emily were waiting to go on the hay ride and Lindsey and Joseph just told us bye, to go on, because they weren't going with us. Joseph didn't nap during the morning so he was ready for a nap after our family photo shoot.



OH before I go any further, Glenn went hunting early Thursday morning and got himself a bobcat cat (40 lb. big one). He said he's clearing them out so they won't kill his turkey's for turkey hunting in the spring. We had to come see it on our hayride. This was our first ever Thanksgiving Hayride. All in all I think they all enjoyed it. Some who went on it are more "city folk" but they faired pretty well. I even drove the tractor down and then gave it over to Glenn to drive back out.





We had a fun Thanksgiving all in all (except for missing a few of our family members). We ALL spent more time talking and having fun outdoors instead of stuck in front of the TV watching football! There is nothing wrong with football mind you, it was just our goal this year to get everyone minds off of the "worldly" things like football, shopping, etc...and more on being thankful and grateful. I'm not sure we accomplished it all the way, BUT we did just sit around outside on the back porch and talk, more thank usual. And the hayride got some of us who don't get outdoors much, back out in to nature to see and realized all the beauty God has given us. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, no matter how you spent it. Just remember that every day should be a day of "Thanksgiving" not just the 4th Thursday in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment