Thursday, September 29, 2011

Joseph


Well over the past few days we've been dealing with some stomach issues in the Walker house. This photo above describes the whole week. I hesitate to say it's a stomach virus because it's not like any virus I've ever dealt with. Emily wasn't feeling good Saturday- Tuesday with hers, and on Tuesday woke up NOT good. But she soon recovered and by lunch wanted a peanut butter sandwich. Joseph on the other hand has had some nasty stomach issues since Sunday, and by Tuesday evening I was suspecting it wasn't just a virus. So I took him to the Dr. and they are running several labs on him and we'll know more this afternoon or tomorrow. The Dr. said that it is not a virus, to his knowledge, and thinks it's either Salmonella, shigella, e-coli, or listeria. All those things are super scary, especially for such a small little boy. He's not been eating well, but has been drinking and has kept off dehydration, so we are grateful for that. This morning he even had a pretty good breakfast and snack. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. I'll post more on the test results when I find them out.

Since we've been dealing with sickly children this week, God's really been speaking to my heart. First and foremost, he's reminded me that it could be SO much worse. No, I do not like changing nasty diapers, or cloroxing the house 20 times a day, BUT to think how good we really do have it, sets my perspective straight. Second, even though some have it MUCH worse, it's still been tough. It just made me think, don't ever judge someone on any area unless you know what they are going through. Actually we are not to judge anyone anyway, but especially if you don't know what someone's going through you have no right to point fingers, or turn your nose up at them. I've been a little perturbed lately how some people have made judgments upon me and our family, yet they really don't even know us. (for all our MS friends this isn't about you).

I'm just so thankful that God has placed such loving and kind friends, no matter what their age is, into our lives. After all the Bible says we, as Christians, are to encourage one another daily, and build each other up. God's so good, and I pray that you will ALL see and know that in this coming weekend. Thanks for your prayers, and I will post about his test results when I get them back.

No comments: