
My sweet little Emily turned 5 yesterday...and we started the day with a #5 pancake. We had ALOT to do yesterday preparing for her party, so not many pictures were made until the party. I can't believe that it's been 5 years ago tomorrow that we brought our little girl home from the hospital, 9-11-06. Our world changed so much when we brought her home. We never thought we'd make it through her colic spells, but we did. She blesses our lives in more ways than she'll ever know. I've posted a few pictures of the party and our celebration last night.

Every year we have to make a family picture at everyone's birthday. I can't believe everyone smiled! These were made after the party was over and almost 40 people left...so we were exhausted!


The table, decorations and cake. This year I used rolled fondant and as always it was super easy!!! It's sitting on a flower bed cake stand.


Cake pops. After I made them the other night, I said I'd never do them again, but after serving them up at the party, I saw how super easy they are!!! You just hand each kid their cake on a stick and go. We did serve them the birthday cake, for the ones who wanted it, but mostly the adults ate it. They tasted great, so I'll just have to learn how to master my cake pop skills.

We also had Butterfly burgers (aka Krystal burgers), and Butterfly snacks (aka Goldfish crackers)


For the healthier eaters we had Butterfly Broccoli Salad, and Butterfly Fruit. And below, butterfly cookies, served in flower shaped cupcake liners.




Before we sang happy birthday I actually got all the kids still to make a group shot. We had 17 total children. 3 of those were toddlers and a baby. LOTS of energy!


Emily was beaming as they sang "Happy Birthday" to her.

A friend of ours caught this perfect shot, I had just asked, "Who wants cake?" and they all raised their hands.


We placed the kids tables out on the deck, PERFECT idea (no food was spilled on my freshly cleaned carpet). Each child had a name place butterfly, and butterfly wings on their chair. I didn't get a good picture of the tables I'd decorated, but they are all drinking special Butterfly Nectar (aka juice box).



This year I did something I've never done before, and will certainly do again...face painting. We were going to do handprint paintings like butterflies, but after seeing how many kids, I opted out of that, and went for the face painting. Little girls LOVE face painting. They lined up in groups, while half jumped in the bounce house, and other half did face painting.


We were blessed to have a neighbor up the street offer to let us borrow their bounce house.




Joseph found his spot behind the crazy gift opening chaos





Pin the flower on the butterfly.

Joseph decided it was time for everyone to go and us get cleaned up, he pulled it off and ripped it. We had a blast! Now it's time to rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment