After this week I guess I'll start referring to Joseph's age in months not weeks. It's so sad that 2 months have already passed so quickly. He is already getting a personality, and smiling so much. He loves to lay on his changing table and look at his birds and "talk" to them and us. He loves being sung to and talked to. He loves it when you ask him a question, you can talk and talk but if you as him something he'll respond to you, whether by a smile, a coo or gurgle. It's so sweet. I don't remember Emily being this "verbal" this early on. He loves for me to sing the vowels to him, something Emily loved too.
Things are starting to get into a routine and I don't feel as frazzled each day. I bought a sling to carry him in, and he loves it. He has been sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at night on the first half of the night, then another 4-5 hours after that feeding. Because of this he doesn't like to nap much during the morning, or let me say he fights it. He is tired he just doesn't want to miss out. If I put him in the sling though he'll get quite, look around for a while then give it up and go to sleep. He's slept more today, so I hope we'll still get good sleep tonight. He's been in his bed for almost an hour now, and Emily's been asleep during that time too. I can't describe how relaxing it is to have this time. I know it'll be crazy after they wake up, but oh well. Enjoy the pictures and have a great rest of the week.



No comments:
Post a Comment