Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Time in the Little City

Emily & I are still enjoying the life in the little city of Philadelphia, MS. Since Glenn left us on Sunday we've just been hanging out doing some things we haven't done in YEARS. Yesterday we were able to go shopping in Meridian at Bonita Lakes Mall. It was nice being ableto go to a mall and not feel like you're going to get mugged! Emily had never really been to Meridian, just through it everytime we come to MS. Later that evening we go to enjoy the band concert up at the high school...Philadelphia High, where Papaw, me and Uncle Jason all graduated from. Emily really enjoyed listening to all the music. We got to see some "old" faces and reminisce. Emily liked looking at all the pictures on the walls of the former graduating classes. I really thought it was neat getting to take her up there, even though it was a very cold night.Today we were suppose to go to Doug's molasses mill for one last cooking, BUT it's still in the low 40's and Emily's sinuses are acting up and I didn't want to risk her getting any worse sick. However we still got out and went up-town and enjoyed a WONDERFUL lunch at Peggy's. Today was fried chicken so me and baby Walker were both excited!!! It's rest time now and I hope to get some exercise in shortly...after some rest in the recliner!!!

I hope you're all enjoying this beautiful Christmas season.

Emily & Papaw with the gingerbread house they made...I wonder who ate more candy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love Emily's dress, I am sure you made it! Looks like you are enjoying time with family too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I made this dress actually last year...I made it long enough so she could wear it again this year. How are you doing? Been praying for you.