Monday, March 5, 2012

Let it Go...and move forward!

Well for myself, it's been a long while since I've gotten worked up about something but last night something got me worked up. I am usually the person who likes to keep the peace and go along with whatever happens...but something just shocked me and got my anger level rising. I will not go into any major detail about the situation, but I will say it has had me thinking about alot of things.

1. It is okay to have an opinion about something and be passionate about it. I use to get mad at my friends who were overly opinionated to the point of being rude, but now I see where they are coming from (minus the rude factor). It is OKAY though to have an opinion.

2. That my children are such a blessing. I know that if you have kids you think you're kid is just the absolute sweetest and best there is, but really I've got a good set here. Joseph is still in the making of course, and so is Emily, but she already has the sweetest heart and personality. I asked her today, as I was crying over something, how do you handle it when you get upset about something? She just responded, "I just let it go". I asked what do you mean, just let it go? She said, "Yes, just let it go and forget it.". WOW a 5 year old's wisdom can be SO enlightening. She obviously gets this from her daddy, because he can let something go quicker than it even arrived HA HA...I tend to get upset and soak on it for days. BUT Her words rang louder than the Liberty bell in my ears.

3. That change is in fact a good thing. This is something everyone fights about all over. In families, in jobs, at church, and even at home. BUT ultimately sometimes change is a good thing. This is probably why I've been so worked up, that others around me do not see this. They see how it's always been, and since it's worked in the past then that's the way we do it. I've never been a rebel but boy I feel like one after today.

4. That sometimes back to my child's wisdom, you do just have to let it go. Something that is NOT easy for us to handle especially when we feel so strongly about the issue. Someone told me last night, "Consider the source, and move forward, and move on". I think that for me God has put these two phrases in my mind for a reason, and I hope they one day they might encourage you as well...Let it go...and move forward...or move on! As a conference leader once taught us at a conference..."Build a bridge and GET OVER IT!"

No comments: