
Well we spent alot of this week baking. I had a cake to do for a friend at churches little girl and it turned out fabulous, if I do say so myself. She turned 9 and wanted a zebra cake. After seeing a couple of the Barbie cakes I'd done for some other girls she asked if i would attempt to do a zebra cake, of course I took on the challenge and think I've accomplished something I never thought possible. The humidity caused a few things to start to fall and tear on it, but it turned out pretty good for an amateur.

Yesterday was the 108th birthday of good 'ole Dr. Seuss, so of course we celebrated by reading several of his books (which are NOT my favorite) this week, and by making "Cat in the Hat" cupcakes. These also turned out very cute. I got the idea off pinterest of course. The hat is made of marshmallows. I actually have green cupcakes coming out of the oven now for Sunday school in the morning. We're looking at God's creation starting tomorrow, so we're going to have garden cupcakes (with marshmallow flowers on top). FUN stuff!

This morning Joseph and I did a little spring cleaning while Emily and Glenn were gone to the RA race in Forsyth. Can you tell by the above picture that we have ALOT of books and toys!?!?!?! I'm working on getting them organized, but for now we've got this house looking pretty clean. BUT he enjoyed the mess and just sat there in that pile of books for over 20 minutes! BUT the news for the day, our little Emily raced her car in the open division for the RA racer derby and she got 3rd place in speed and 3rd place in design. It is so funny b/c she beat her competition from last week. Both cars that were 1st and 3rd place last week didn't make the cut this week, but the glitter bug car of Emily's DID! Two huge trophies to display too! She now moves on to State champs with her cars! GO EMILY!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment