I cannot believe that this cute little round baby of mine is now 7!!!!! It has flown by SO fast...and with that said, I know that I've done a HORRIBLE job of blogging, but the past few months have been absolutely crazy, and so crazy that it's helped me see what I need to cut from MY schedule. Everything always has a season, so I'm about to enjoy homeschooling, and teaching my youngin's more, AND still of course baking a few cakes.
I never imagined 7 years ago that I'd be at home schooling this little cutie. She's in the 2nd grade now, and we have a 3 1/2 year old ALL BOY, to make life absolutely CRAZY. I just LOVE where God has brought us in this journey!
This past week we celebrated Emily's birthday (literally for the whole week). She took a day off of schooling on her birthday and we enjoyed lots of fun, and cleaning to get ready for family to come in to town.
We were blessed to have both sets of grandparents here to eat supper, also with Aunt Marsha Ann on Emily's birthday.
We've been reading so much Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie lately that it was just obvious we'd have a Little House party. I will say that this has by far been my favorite party theme ever!!!! The cake was one of the easiest yet, must be because I'm doing more of them. But it was so cute if I say so myself.
Each girl had a personalized tin pail with goodies.
They also got a bonnet and matching apron to wear and take home with them. Thanks to Glenn's mom, Barbara for ALL her hard work, they turned out PRECIOUS!!!!!!
I had preserves and molasses cookies for all our guests!!!
We began the party by kneading our home made bread dough, then set it aside to rise then bake later. Boy let me tell you it sure did rise!!! And it sure was GOOD!!!!!
Then we did some paper dolls, just like Mary and Laura use to play with.
Then they made bead necklaces like they use to. And we also had a "store" with candy for them to buy after they'd earned pennies to shop.
We had some races, and they stuffed their rag dolls, but all in all we just had an old fashioned fun time!!!!
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago

nu=323;)8+;)995)WSNRCG=32325+(476533nu0mrj.jpg)
nu=323;)8+;)995)WSNRCG=32325+(477524nu0mrj.jpg)
232(=99(=+86=XROQDF)232357965;2(8ot1lsi.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment