Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

 Well not much blogging has been going on lately due to catching up with school and getting back into the swing of things around here.  We finally got some cold weather last Thursday and with it has come the sinus cold with Joseph...now me.  He and I seem to be the ones to always get it.  BUT I just love loving on my little boy so those nasty germs just can't stay away.  BUT above you can see what he loves to do in his play time.  He lines up all his trucks, animals and everything.  The neatest thing I've noticed is he groups them.  He'll line up big cars and trucks together.  Then he'll line up small cars together...and the animals.  I've been working on getting him to play by himself and so far he's doing great.  We also started some potty training, and since he's so strong willed I'm just letting him decide.  He will NOT go potty if I tell him, like Emily always did, SO I just put him in underwear and if he has an accident we just have to change him. Last week by Thursday he'd realized what was going on...but then he got sick and the weekend hit, so we're at it again today...so far he's wet out of 7 pairs of underwear and pants!!!!
 BUT one thing I said I was going to do with Emily once we got back was art education and boy let me tell you, she's taking off with flying colors.  I know you can't see in the picture below real well, but it's a landscape with a schoolhouse in the foreground.  I'm teaching her how to line up a landscape and make the horizon line.  SINCE starting art education more strongly all the rest of her work has flourished too!  I just bribe her that if she doesn't get phonics and math done then art will have to go for the day!  SO it works!

 But before the cold weather rolled back in, we spent alot of hours outside, jumping on the pogo stick, riding the scooter, hammering nuts, and weaving!  LOTS of fun.  But now we just are fighting off the cold and pray it ends SOON and no one else gets it.

No comments: